Tuesday 6 July 2010

Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide

Day 5 of abstinence.

Weighed-in with Marina, my weight-loss counsellor, last night before the start of the men's group session. Pleasantly surprised to find that my weight had already reduced to 99.4Kgs.
Oh the joys of the first four days of abstinence - 5 Kilos/11 pounds shed - albeit mainly water and glycogen probably.
Now that ketosis has kicked-in - (the Ketostix stick registered 4 mmol/L, 40 mg/dL, 0.4 g/L, "Moyen"), the fun really begins and the medical sign-off becomes all-important. Woo-hoo, here we go on the wildest rollercoaster in town (as far as diets go, that is)...

Experienced nice weight-loss benefits on Sunday (two days ago) when running my children's school car boot sale. A new degree of calmness and presence of mind and enough energy to see me through from the 4am start till I closed the gates at 4pm (and not a jot of calorific intake till I got home!)

Struggled yesterday to persuade myself to eat the full complement of 400 calories of foodpacks - appetite had taken a vacation. However, when trying to focus on stuff-I-don't-want-to-do (emails/accounts etc) I noticed an automatic desire to go-make-a-sandwich instead - preferably jam, with loads of butter & on white bread. I realised how much I use food to run away from things that I don't want to confront. But, for the next three-and-a-bit weeks, I will just have to deal with stuff for, as far as food-as-refuge is concerned, there will be nowhere to run to...

No comments:

Post a Comment