Friday 2 July 2010

The time is now

Weight: 104.4Kgs
I picked-up 28 foodpacks from Marina, my weight management counsellor in Hammersmith, London.
I will eat nothing else for the next 28 days other than black pepper, black & green teas and tabasco sauce (oh, and there's the 4 litres, minimum of water per day that have to be drunk, too).
I already feel like abandoning this plan.
Why am I continuing...?
Well, for one thing, writing this is helping. A concrete and public statement. It is interesting to notice how this is improving my ability to feel more objective, more in-control already.
Also, recent horrors as a result of carrying this additional weight are still fresh in my mind:
  • Almost collapsing with exhaustion when walking with Maria, my wife on a long, rocky ramble on holiday in France last week.
  • Running out of breath and panting furiously when doing very little e.g. climbing a dozen stairs or sometimes, somewhat alarmingly, when doing almost nothing at all.
  • Knee pain.
  • Literally bursting-out of every business shirt I possessed. And we're not just talking button-popping, either. This was full-on, seam-ripping rips.
  • Reverting to the shy, insecure (although I'm sure very 'nice') fat boy that I had hoped I had left behind.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment